Disclaimer: I will not actually be eating witchetty grubs. I am not on Survivor. They are disgusting and, although I love food, nothing that looks like this should ever be considered food. 

July 12, 2009

This is it?

I wish I could just relocate my entire room. Or at least my closet. Just pick it up and ship it all to Sydney. At school, it's easier because my mom can just send me things I forgot and I can switch out my clothes during breaks. But shipping to Sydney costs hundreds of dollars and "overnight" means it'll get there in 2-3 weeks.

Today I realized just how limited my clothing options will be in Australia.

See, as soon as I get to Sydney, I immediately fly to Brisbane for a 4-day orientation and have to put all my clothes for that in a separate carry-on bag. So, today I went into my dining room (aka Packing Central) to pick out what to bring for orientation. After staring at my stacks of clothes for 20 minutes, I realized that there was nothing there I wanted to bring. I literally am already tired of the clothes I'm bringing... and I haven't even left yet. How am I going to survive for 5 months on the same clothes?

2 comments:

  1. Rosalie SangenittoJuly 12, 2009 at 10:52 PM

    you're going shopping in australia, yes?

    curry leaf misses you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i cannot imagine what your "packing central" looked like...ah the fond memories i have from when your closet overflowed and i had to "bushwack" through it...good times.

    ReplyDelete